I know, I know. Parsnip season is pretty much over but the lovely root veg just keeps appearing in my local supermarket, and as long as they keep showing up, I’ll keep cooking ’em.
Because I love the slightly sweet, nutty taste.
A taste that lends itself well to getting blended up with some cumin and garlic…..aaaand I’m drooling into my keyboard.
I really need to get me a keyboard tray for that kind of thing.
Warm Parsnip Hummus (makes about a cup)
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- sea salt and black pepper
- Boil the parsnips in salted water for 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain, add the oil and mash until smooth. Season with the salt and pepper according to taste then stir in the cumin, garlic, cayenne and paprika.
- Sprinkle a dash of paprika over the top to serve.
Like this? You might also like: