The day before I made this meal will forever be known as Squatmageddon.
After a gruelling workout that seemed to be 80% squats (with some plyometrics thrown in for fun!) I could not stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, kneel or do basically anything that involved my quads the next day.
And standing at the stove, preparing a complicated meal? Nope, not happening.
So instead of making a pot of soup, as I’d planned, I did this lamb.
It’s very simple and very quick.
And since all I wanted to do was shove the meaty protein into my face and go ice my shrieking thighs, it was perfect.
Spicy Mint Rack of Lamb (serves 2-4)
*adapted from Paul Rankin
- 1 rack of lamb (8 cutlets)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander/cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small bird’s eye green chili
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Blend all the ingredients, except the oil and honey, in a food processor until a paste.
- Stir in the coconut oil and honey.
- Brush the lamb with the melted butter and then spread the paste over the top.
- Roast at 400 for 30-35 minutes, depending on how well done you like your lamb.
Like this? You might also like: