Jeez, doing nothing over the Easter weekend was tough. So tough in fact that the laziness is carrying over to this week.
That’s why today is a look around the web which, as we all know by now, is code for: ‘Cat meant to write a blog post, but then got distracted by chocolate‘.
While I interrogate that chocolate some more, you enjoy these bits n’ pieces.
- The media loves to pretend that beauty doesn’t exist over the age of 40, which is why it’s nice to see German photographer Karsten Thormaehlen’s collection “What 100 years look like“. If I make it to 100, I want to look like these folks.
- As usual, The Onion taps into the darker side of society with this tongue-in-cheek news story: ‘Heartbreaking Yelp Review Says It’s Just Nice to Eat A Meal Around Other People‘. It’d be funnier if it wasn’t so true.
- If you’re a music fan, you’ll enjoy 11 Boring Songs Made Brilliant By Other Artists. My favourite is the always quirky Ok Go doing the Muppet Show Theme Song. Not for the faint-hearted, it’s got a touch of the mad genius about it.
- The phrase ‘dance like nobody’s watching’ was invented for this guy. I absolutely love his enthusiasm – all exercise should be this fun.
- Have you seen these? Grain-free Cauliflower wraps from Empowered Sustenance. They are practically begging me to stuff ’em burrito-style. That. Is. Happening.
- Sorry to unashamedly pimp out my own work but it’s coming up on a year since I started a full-time Pilates class and these 10 Things I’ve Learnt From Pilates (and The Gym in General) still hold true. If I can become a gym goer, trust me, anyone can.
- April is National Poetry Month in the US. This great post on the Poetry Foundation website examines why kids are natural poets. I don’t have kids and I’m not a poet so the fact that I enjoyed this post immensely should be a mark of its quality writing.