I know it’s not technically salad season yet, but at this time of year I always keep one eye on the approaching summer.
Especially when I lived in Scotland and the days were grim until well into May.
The small reminders that summer is coming, such as evening salads, are what make the dark days of March a tiny bit more bearable.
That and eating chocolate in vast amounts.
Yes, this meal began with salad and ended in chocolate (75% dark chocolate with blueberries…I bet you’re drooling now, eh?!)
Blue Cheese & Bacon Dressing (makes about a cup)
- 2 slices/rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 tbsps blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsps plain, full-fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 spring/green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and let cool. Slice into small pieces and set aside.
- Whisk together all the other ingredients. Stir in the bacon bits. Use over your favourite salad leaves or as a dip.
Like this? You might also like: