We came back from our New Year’s trip to Canada with armfuls of maple syrup, like some sort of deviant sweetener smugglers.
I can’t help it, I’m addicted to the stuff. It’s #2 on my list of favourite Canadian exports (#1 being hubs, of course).
And it pretty much goes with everything – except cheese. First person to show me a tasty cheese and maple recipe earns my lifelong admiration.
In the meantime, I’m using it on salads. In particular this salad here:
Pear Maple Vinaigrette (makes about a cup)
- 1/2 large, ripe pear, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a food processor, blend the pear with the maple syrup and vinegar.
- Drizzle in the olive oil until completely combined. Serve over salad leaves.
Like this? You might also like: