Ok, so I get that this combo sounds weird. But it’s one of those occasions where you just have to trust me.
I’m using smoky bacon, onion and sauted kale, then stirring in just a tsp of sour cream. If you are dairy free, you can, of course, omit this step but I love the subtle, creamy kick.
It’s takes about ten minutes to pull together and looks like you’ve made an effort – so keep it handy for when you have guests, or you want to put the moves on your significant other.
And, if it’s the latter I’d suggest something chocolately for dessert. Have fun! [insert knowing wink here]
Kale with Bacon & Sour Cream (serves 2)
- 3 large kale leaves
- 2 rashers/slices smoky bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sour cream
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and onion. Let fry until the onion is soft and the bacon starts to brown.
- Add the kale to the pan and turn down the heat to low. Season, then saute for a few minutes until it wilts.
- Take the pan off the heat and toss in the parsley. Stir in the sour cream and serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: