Grapefruits have been getting a bad rap recently.
Unfairly, I would like to point out. These suckers may be tart but they are rich in vitamin C so are fantastic immune system boosters.
They also act as an anti-inflammatory and can improve digestive health.
Which is dumb because they are a nice, tangy accompaniment to meats like pork.
I didn’t but probably will make the effort next time because it was so tangy, sweet and gooooooooood.
[wipes drool from keyboard]
Grapefruit Glazed Pork (serves 2)
- 113g pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- a generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps butter, melted
- Whisk the butter, grapefruit juice, honey and cayenne together.
- Season the pork loin and brush with half the glaze. Bake at 375 for 20 mins. Remove from oven, score the joint (ie make shallow cuts along the top) and pour over the remaining glaze. Put back in the oven for 5-10 mins until juices run clear and the meat is tender.
Like this? You might also like:
- Pan-fried Pork Chops with Parsley Butter
Pork Tenderloin with Basil Cream Sauce