Happy New Year’s Eve everyone!
Post-Christmas, I’m always looking to get into salads.
Belly can only take so much rich food before it starts getting mutinous.
So I’m loading up on healthy greens this week and combining them with this tangy dressing.
The consistency should be a wet paste. I dumped a few tbsps into a salad bowl full of arugula and did some vigorous tossing until the leaves were coated (tasty and a good workout for the biceps).
You could also use it as a sauce for white fish, or a couscous/rice/quinoa salad.
Happy New Year to everyone. Have a fun time celebrating 2013 tonight….don’t do anything I wouldn’t do 🙂
Carrot & Ginger Dressing (makes about a cup)
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger root
- 4 tbsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- Whizz the carrot, onion and ginger together in a food processor until it forms a paste.
- Keep the motor running (get out on the highway…sorry, got distracted) and drizzle in the oil, followed by the vinegar.
Like this? You might also like: