This recipe comes courtesy of a magazine I picked up on my travels – don’t ask me the name of it because I’ve shamefully forgotten.
When it comes to recipes, I’m like a magpie. Every day about a dozen recipes catch my eye and I’ll hoard them away for later (bad analogy – magpies don’t really do that. Do they?!)
It’s like a dusty old filing cabinet in there [taps forehead].
I read once that women think about food times 15 a day.
Between recipe hunting, meal planning, general snackage and writing up posts I reckon I hit about 150 on a good day.
If only they gave out prizes for obsessively thinking of your belly.
P.S I’m heading north to wintry Canada today for a post-Crimbo visit with family. I’ll be posting daily as usual but won’t be around to answer comments for the next week. Please don’t let this put you off leaving comments however, I always love hearing from you. Happy (almost) New Year folks!
Chickpea Goji Salad (serves 2)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- 1 green/spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 in chunk fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Toast the almonds under the grill/broiler for a few minutes until they brown.
- Mix the almonds together with the other ingredients. Chill until needed.
Like this? You might also like: