To breakfast, or not to breakfast? That is the question in my house.
I usually take the former position, while hubs occupies the latter. It’s okay, there’s room for two opposing viewpoints in the TMBL household – sometimes even three when Dog gets in on the action (he’s of the ‘FOOD, ANYWHERE, ANY TIME!’ persuasion).
Some studies say breakfast is the Most. Important. Meal. Of. The. Day.
Others kinda shrug their shoulders and take the ‘if you’re hungry, eat. If not, don’t’ approach.
I’m happily at home with both views since I am always ravenous in the mornings, what can I say – sleep makes me hungry!
For the sake of marital accord, hubs and I compromise on the weekends and have ourselves brunch, rather than brekkie.
Recently it’s been taking the form of this delicious, and easy, plate of eggs.
Don’t believe the ridiculous propaganda of the anti-egg lobby. They are an amazingly nutritious food to shove in your belly, at any time of the day.
Two more pieces of advice before I get into it:
1. Use fresh herbs rather than dried or you won’t do the recipe justice
2. This is not just for breakfast/brunch. Channel your inner student and eat it at midnight, in your pyjamas.
Cream Cheese n’ Herb Scrambled Eggs (serves 2)
- 4 large eggs
- 2oz cream cheese (softened beforehand)
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 spring/green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1 tbsp butter
- Whisk all the above together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the eggs and let sit for a minute while they harden. Once they start coagulating, push them around the pan, breaking them up. After about 3 minutes they should be firm enough to serve. Eat immediately.
Like this? You might also like: