I’ve a beast of a headache coming on (too much coffee…too little?! or was it the ice cream?) and my belly (for once) isn’t really that into foods.
That’s my barometer of general health – if belly’s not primed to eat, or think about eating, then I’m one foot in the grave.
The wonderful thing about these burgers is that they are ridiculously easy to whip together, so easy you can almost turn your brain off (except when chopping the onions of course, you are making dinner, not amputating fingers).
Feta & Basil Turkey Burgers (makes around 5)
- 12 oz ground turkey
- a handful of fresh basil leaves (this was 1/2 cup when chopped), roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 small, white onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape into small palm-sized burgers and chill for 30mins to an hour.
- Broil/grill for 20 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure they brown on both sides.
Like this? You might also like: