Happy All Saints’ Day!
I love November. Not only is it the month of my mother’s birthday, it’s also my wedding anniversary – so basically I get to celebrate the two people I love most in the world!
And, if that weren’t reason enough to love this month, we’re also approaching the slow slide into Christmas (hands up if you’re already hearing Christmas tunes on the radio).
We’re staying home this year, which means I’m the designated cook.
I’m thinking of stuffing a chicken (turkey gives me the heaves) and throwing together a few yummy vegetable side dishes….such as this one.
It’s perfect when you just want to throw something easy into the oven and concentrate on more important things (like the merits of chestnut stuffing versus almond-based stuffing…these questions matter people!).
Balsamic Roasted Parsnips (serves 2)
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped into batons
- 1 small, white onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Toss all the above ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Scatter onto a greased or lined baking tray. Roast at 400 for 40-45 minutes.
Like this? You might also like: