I’ve dressed up for Halloween three times in my life.
The first time I was a witch (I was also about 9, so don’t berate me for my lack of creativity). The second time I was a slutty ‘Robina’ Hood (less said about that the better) and the third I was Jessica Rabbit (I’m a redhead, it’s practically compulsory!).
I grew up on the wrong side of the Atlantic for Halloween. At home in Ireland it’s just Not That Big A Deal.
This year, hubs, Dog and I will be sitting it out and treating it like a normal night.
But before you start calling me the Halloween equivalent of Scrooge, I realise that others out there are getting their spooky on and loving it.
So, for those proud partiers, here are some delicious Halloween-type recipes that kids of all ages will love and scoff down with glee.
All are healthy, gluten-free and totally TMBL approved (which isn’t to say I’ve made them yet – there’s only so many hours in the day, y’know?!)
Enjoy your night! (and stay safe, there are evil things out there*)
The TMBL Halloween Recipe Round-Up
1. Check out these Banana Mummies from Lexie’s Kitchen. They look more cutesy than frightening, but I’d still have no problem eating their adorable faces.
2. Also in the ‘I WANT TO EAT NOW’ category is this delicious looking no-bake spiderweb cheesecake. I’d make it with a grain-free, nut crust but otherwise it seems pretty clean.
3. I love these sweet potato bugs from Following My Nose. Too cute to eat (except that they are sweet potato and my belly knows no boundaries when it comes to sweet potato).
4. Caramel Apples will never be a health food but kudos to Whole Lifestyle Nutrition for making a much healthier version than the norm.
5. And, of course, this blog post wouldn’t be complete without a plug of my own efforts. I’ve been doing the Halloween thing all week. In case you missed it, check out Bowl o’ Brains Hummus, Batty Beet Brownies or Jack o’ Lantern Peppers.
Do you celebrate Halloween? What’s been your worst costume? Have any great spooky snacks? (feel free to share in the comments)
*I’m referring, of course, to all that sugary, gut-rotting candy.