Here’s a recipe that’s not only crazy-delicious but also crazy-easy.
While hubby and I both love cheese, he is not that convinced about spinach. They’re still more passing acquaintances than firm friends and this troubles me.
Despite our differences, spinach and I are old loves. In fact, I’m so co-dependent, I can’t go a week without serving it in some form.
To bring hubby over into the spinach camp, I united it with our love of cheese and made this yummy spinach bake/dip.
Use it for dipping, as a side to a meal or an appetizer. Whatever, just get it in your face*
*carefully. TMBL is not responsible for any burning of delicate mouth parts that may occur.
Ricotta Creamed Spinach (serves 2)
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3oz neufchatel (or any type of cream cheese – it helps if it’s slightly soft so take out of the fridge in advance)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- Saute the spinach and garlic in butter until the spinach leaves wilt.
- Transfer to a large collander or sieve and press firmly until all the water runs out of the spinach. It might take a while but you need to make sure that sucker is dry as a bone. I left it in the sieve for 10 minutes, with a very heavy pot on top, so it could drain.
- Spoon the spinach into a 10 oz baking dish, season well and mix in the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
Like this? You might also like: