If you have kids/significant others at home who won’t eat their vegetables, this recipe is for them.
Side note: I’m baffled by people who airly proclaim: “I don’t like vegetables.”
Really?! Every single one of the vegetables on God’s green earth, cooked every conceivable way and you don’t like any of them?? Really?
Not me. Right up there in my list of favourite foods are brussel sprouts, broccoli, sweet potato and carrot.
Carrot mashed, steamed, boiled or roasted.
And that leads me to these excellent fries (or chips as I’d say at home).
Just a touch of coconut oil, some thyme and some seasoning….voila, things that look like fries but without the transfats, GM potatoes and MSG flavouring that seems to be a prerequisite of fries these days.
Easy Carrot Fries (serves 2)
- 4 large carrots
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Peel your carrots and then cut them into long, thin batons.
- In a bowl, drizzle over the oil and stir until the batons are coated.
- Sprinkle over the thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Turn out onto a lined baking tray and bake at 400 for 20 mins.
Like this? You might also like: