The berry love continues here on TMBL with a great pairing – meaty Tilapia fillets with a zingy strawberry salsa.
Strawberries? In salsa? I haven’t lost my mind, honest. It really does work.
The sweetness of the fruit combined with a spicy jalapeno, a drizzling of lime juice and some chopped onion (drooling yet? I am).
All that lends itself perfectly to a bland, white fish like Tilapia.
I know, I know. I swore off fish but, in my defence, there’s about a gazillion fillets hanging out in our freezer and if there’s one thing I hate more than radioactive fish, it’s waste.
Tilapia Fillets & Strawberry Salsa (serves 2)
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsps lemon juice
- 5 large strawberries, de-topped and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 2 tsps lime juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Mix the strawberries, onion, jalapeno, ginger, lime juice and red wine vinegar together. Stir well and let sit in the fridge for at least 15 mins so the flavours can mingle.
- Generously season each fillet, pour lemon juice over both and place 1/2 tbsp of butter on each. Bake at 375 for 15mins ’til fish turns opaque and flakes easily.
- Serve with a spoonful of salsa.
Like this? You might also like: