Of course it’s entirely up to you but I highly recommend pouring this light, fruity vinaigrette over a goat’s cheese salad.
There’s just something about the creamy tang of goats cheese that lends itself well to the sweet taste.
If, like hubby dearest, you’re not a fan of goat’s cheese then, lucky for you, this vinaigrette will still taste amazing with other pairings.
Pairings like a spinach and toasted almond salad, a chunky avocado and red onion salad and even a pear, blue cheese and argula salad.
Time to get out your favourite greens and start experimenting!
Strawberry Vinaigrette (makes about 2 cups)
- 7 large strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsps EVOO
- 1 1/2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- a pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, blend together the strawberries, honey and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the red wine vinegar.
- Add the EVOO, whisking as you pour it in.
- Stir in the pinch of sea salt.
Like this? You might also like:
This post also appeared at The Healthy Home Economist