Ever since the summer started, I’ve been OD-ing on blueberries.
I’ve always loved them. Ever since reading that iconic scene from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory when I was little.
The one where offensive gum-chewer Violet Beauregarde grabs experimental blueberry gum and turns into….a giant blueberry.
Judging by the amount of blueberries I’ve been troughing recently, I’m just one pie away from becoming a giant blueberry myself.
Totally worth it though.
Blueberries are the over-achievers of the berry world, ranked as having one of the highest antioxidant contents of all fruit and veg.
Think about all that while chowing down on this pie and any dessert-related guilt will melt away.
*adapted from Kiss My Spatula
- 1pt fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*adapted from The Coconut Mama
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- Start with the crust and whisk together the butter, eggs and honey.
- Sieve the coconut flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until it comes together.
- Press into a well-greased 9in pie dish. Prick the bottom. Put into the fridge to chill for 10 mins.
- While it’s chilling, get started on the filling. Whisk the honey, egg, sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla together.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Scatter the blueberries on top until the pie is covered.
- Bake at 375 for 30 mins or ’til set. Leave to cool, then put in the fridge until needed.
Like this? You might also like: