This recipe is so simple posting it feels like cheating. Whatever. I have c
hocolate to eat things to do.
Not only is this recipe so easy my dog could make it (if he had the self-control not to eat the chicken), it is also highly adaptable.
Almost all the chicken salads out there have some sort of sweet component – raisins, cranberries, grapes – but not this one.
There are some instances where I regard the meeting of savoury and sweet as an unholy occasion and this is one of them.
Instead, I went for celery for the crunch, onion to make it tangy and a very flavourful dressing to round it off.
Try it, adapt it, share it. This thing is so good, you’ll want to play with it (and you can file that under ‘sounded better in my head’).
Easy Peasy Chicken Salad (serves two)
- 1 green/spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp organic, plain, full-fat yoghurt
- 1tsp djion mustard
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl combine the mayo, yoghurt, tarragon, lemon juice, mustard and crushed garlic. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chicken, celery and onions.
- Mix together until all the ingredients are thoroughly coated, taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Refridgerate until needed.
This can comfortably sit in the fridge for 2-3 days but I’d dump it after that.
Please don’t be tempted to donate it to your dog, they are not good with onions.